The Macdonald Volunteer Service Awards were introduced in 2006 at the 125th Anniversary of the RM of Macdonald. Several awards are presented annually by the Macdonald Public Recreation Commission at a special event honoring the recipients. Since its inception, 98 residents and 4 Organizations have been recognized for their efforts and dedication to their communities.
Who can be nominated?
The Macdonald Volunteer Service Award will be presented to individuals who have embodied the spirit of volunteerism and have
made a lasting and meaningful contribution through their volunteer activities.
• Candidate's volunteer work must have occurred in the R.M. of Macdonald.
• Individuals of any age can be nominated.
Candidates will be judged according to the following criteria:
• Activity - What did the candidate do? How many years did he/she commit to volunteer efforts?
• Leadership - How did the candidate demonstrate leadership?
• Other volunteer involvement - What other volunteer activities has the candidate participated?
• Impact - What has the outcome of the candidate's efforts? How many people benefited? What was actually accomplished?
- Youth - Recognizes young people who have made considerable contributions to their schools, organizations and community through volunteering. These young people serve as role models, encouraging other young people to give themselves for the betterment of their community and municipality.
- Individual Volunteers - Presented to exceptional volunteers whose efforts have contributed significantly to the quality of life of their community.
- Award of Merit -Awarded to an individual who has made an exemplary contribution to the municipality. Award of Merit candidates have served the wider municipality by performing multiple volunteer activities over an extended period of time providing benefit beyond their own community.
Note: Awards will be limited to one individual in each category from each community
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS
MACDONALD VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARDS RECEPTION
How to Nominate:
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND SUBMIT:
Nominee's:Name, address, phone number and email.
Nominator's: Name, address, phone number and email.
Choose category for nomination: Youth, Individual, Older Adult, or Award of Merit
Nominee info: (Please provide as much detail as possible)
- Describe the volunteer activity/activities that the candidate has been involved.
- How many years has the candidate been volunteering?
- How has the candidate's efforts impacted the community?
- What is exceptional about this individual? How has this nominee been an inspiration to others? Why should the award be given to this person?