Who is Macdonald Public Recreation?
Macdonald Public Recreation Commission is comprised of councilors from the Municipality of Macdonald, the Recreation & Community Services Manager, and 6 community volunteers. The committee works to promote a coordinated, municipal wide approach to recreation and advises Municipal Council on recreation issues such as community recreation needs, recreation facilities and support for community groups.
Role of the Commission
- To promote a coordinated, municipal wide approach to the provision of recreation opportunities.
- Support community, municipal recreation organizations in the delivery of programs and services.
- Support community recreation associations in development and maintenance of community recreation facilities.
- To develop and sustain effective leadership and volunteers which support recreation, physical activity, sport and healthy, active lifestyles.
- Liaison to Municipal Council on recreation related matters.
- Continually evaluate programs, services and approaches to ensure they are meeting the needs of the municipality.
Recreation Program Support - Supporting community organizations to initiate new recreation programs that are accessible to the municipality.
Recreation Leadership Development - Supporting the development of skills of persons in a recreation leadership role (eg. coaches, board development, volunteers, fitness leaders, etc.) Receipts must be submitted by December 31st of the year the program was completed.
Library Membership Assistance - Providing assistance to individuals and families to purchase memberships to libraries up to $50 per family. To qualify, proof of membership of the current year must be submitted to the Municipality of Macdonald by December 31st. For additional information, please call the Municipality of Macdonald office at 204-736-2255.
Youth Initiatives - Encouraging communities to develop recreation opportunities for youth.
Recreation Facilities - Supporting the development and maintenance of recreation facilities.
Complete program guidelines are available from the MHRD office.