Take a break from the cold while still getting in those steps! This group will meet once per week in the gym of the Caisse Community Centre this Winter. Walking shoes must be non-marking indoor only shoes and walkers or any walking aids must be clean. You may bring a stroller, however the stroller mus tbe wiped clean of water and mud and the child must stay in the stroller at all times.
There is a $2 fee each week. This can be paid to Joyce Murphy, on site each week.
There are many benefits to joining an indoor walking club:
1. An indoor space means a climate-controlled setting, not too hot, not too cold!
2. Increased safety - using an indoor track can be safer than walking outdoors, and no worries about speeding cars.
3. Close amenities, water and washroom nearby.
4. Social interaction - a walking club is an opportunity to socialize and make new friends!
5. Medical response, having someone around can provide peace of mind in case an emergency happens.
If you are interested in volunteering for this free program, please reach out to Leanne Wilson, (204) 735-3052.
Please consult a Health Care Professional before starting any new exercise program to help decide if it's right for you.