Macdonald-Headingley Recreation District (MHRD) wants to encourage our communities to get outside and have some fun! We are excited to announce the launch of the "StoryWalk" program.
StoryWalk is an innovative and exciting way for children, adults and families to enjoy reading a story as you walk through a path.
StoryWalk will travel between the MHRD communities. Stands will line a walking path, which hold deconstructed pages from some of our favourite childhood story books. As you walk down the path - enjoying exercise and fresh air - you are able to immerse yourself in a story while following along with a book character companion.
The initiative helps to remove some of the barriers to being active outdoors by providing a set walking distance and interactive story to enjoy during your outdoor time. This also creates spontaneous play as children dance, skip, and hop down the path, following along with the story characters.
To receive information about when and where you can access StoryWalk please see below! You can also call the MHRD office at 204.885.2444.
StoryWalk is brought to you by the Macdonald-Headingley Recreation District, the Healthy Child Coalition and the Government of Canada.
Join our StoryWalk™ Mailing list
Dates and Communities to visit!
- Monday, July 4: Starbuck, 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Walking path by McIntosh Field)
- Friday, July 8: Headingley, 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Starts by the outdoor rink of the Phoenix Rec Centre)
- Friday, July 15: Oak Bluff, 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Playground at Oak Bluff School)
- Friday, July 22: La Salle, 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM (Prairie View Lakes Playground)
- Friday, July 29: Sanford, 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM (Path at JA Cuddy School)
- Friday, August 5: Oak Bluff, 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Friday, August 19: La Salle, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Prairie View Lakes Playground, Country Vista Drive)