We recommend you watch this short video on joining a meeting to get started. To join in a program, you will need:
- A reliable internet connection (wired or Wi-Fi)
- A tablet, laptop or desktop computer (smartphones may also be used, but it may be difficult to follow some programs on a small screen)
- Speakers, a microphone and webcam (built into most devices/computers).
- Need help with your audio?
Other information you may need:
- While we certainly understand that having your camera on or off for a class is your personal choice, we encourage you to turn your camera on so your instructor can help give you tips or correct any technique to prevent injury!
- Please ensure your background is non-offensive and non-discriminatory at all times. This includes both virtual backgrounds and wall decor.
- Yelling, inappropriate language, and/or offensive content will not be tolerated.
- Taking over screen sharing is never permitted under any circumstance.
- We recommend putting your full name you identify with as your Zoom username.
- Only submit professionally relevant questions or comments in the chat box during a class.
- Please ensure you are wearing appropriate apparel/footwear (if applicable) for the type and style of class you are participating in and be sure to clear an area in which you will be able to safely move around in.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the start of class to get acquainted and hear any important announcements from the instructor. This allows the instructor to begin class on time.
- If you have any injuries or need a modification for a move, please contact the instructor prior to the first class OR use the chat function to privately connect with the instructor as soon as you are admitted into the class and let them know of any restrictions. They will be glad to assist you.